Thank you for taking the time to look over our submission guidelines and for taking the time to visit our website. Not only do we hope that you have been inspired in some little way by what we have shared, but we hope to be likewise inspired by what you have to share.
We want everyone to share the places they have seen and the adventures they have had, not just with us but with anyone that will listen and anyone that can find a way to share in that joy. Sights, photos, events, tours, and content may be added by anyone who wishes to share, but all contributions will be reviewed by our editorial team. And while almost all sights are of interest to someone, Buyoya will not accept any content it considers inappropriate, illegal, or vulgar.
Guidelines for article submission
All articles must be original content, written in English, and topical to travel and tourism. Articles should be edited for grammar before submission and we reserve the right to edit prior to publication. Articles submitted to buyoya.com may not be published elsewhere prior to submission.
- The minimum word count for submitted articles is 250 and while there is no upper limit we request they not be greater than 4,000 words.
- After publishing on buyoya.com articles may be published on your own page.
Guidelines for photo submission
All submitted photos must be legally and freely available to use without copyright infringement. They must be either in the public domain, used with permission of the photographer/artist, of shared under creative commons. We prefer that photos shared are original work and not from the internet. If they are from other sources, the photographer must be credited and a link to the page found must be included. All photos must be licensed (check Unsplash and Flickr for free domain pictures).
The more special the photo is to you, the more special it is to us. If you have been to an out of the way site and want to share that with us, we hope that you will freely do so. There are some things that we are always looking for in photo submissions though.
- Unique photos of unique places and unexpected events
- Horizontal orientation is best for our platform
- At least 600 x 400 pixels
- Specific places (ie. “Salar de Uyuni” as opposed to “Bolivia”)
- Places that exist in the actual world and may be viewed by others if they were inclined to visit
- No visual accreditation or watermarks
- Clear photos with few people (unless the people are the content of course)